I'm a skilled and experienced freelancing software developer located in Hamburg, Germany
I have over 20 years of experience working as programmer, lead developer, architect, trainer and coach with different languages, in different domains and for companies of different sizes.
My main focus is web development with Ruby and Java, supporting teams as lead or senior developer.
As Lead Developer I am ...
- leading by example and with empathy.
- supportive and always open for questions.
- convincing by arguments and helping to take the right decisions.
- staying calm and acting carefully even in stressful situations.
- coordinating the work of the experts and keeping an eye on the big picture.
- communicating clearly with stake holders, management and colleagues.
- coaching the team members according to their needs.
As Senior Developer, the team benefits from my ...
- passion for software development with over 20 years of experience.
- deep knowledge of object oriented design.
- team work.
- target orientation, reliability and responsibility.
- foresight, addressing problems early.
- transparency and clear word about the project state.
- understanding of the business before I start coding.
- preference for agility, TDD, clean code, sustainable software and process automation like tests and deployment.